Where can you enjoy the spectacle of a Dutch countryside, without having to buy a plane ticket or wear wooden clogs (though wooden clogs are welcome on our fields)? Here, at Chilliwack Tulips!
What makes us different? What’s our flower power? What, over 6.5 million tulips aren’t enough?
Besides boasting the largest Tulip experience in British Columbia, our fields are also on a working farm. It’s not just an experience that’s thrown together. We grow all sorts of things, all year round, and visiting us is like a behind the scenes peek at the real farming experience. We excel in the art of horticulture. We live, breathe and work the earth. Our knowledge of the land, and sustainable gardening practices, helps us bring not only Tulips, but other flowers to the fields.
We now have an additional three acres and 16 varieties of specialty Double Daffodils, that look like peonies, as well as over three acres planted in Hyacinths! And if you haven’t smelled the fragrance of a hyacinth, you haven’t lived. It’s heavenly!
Other Things to Explore at the Chilliwack Tulip Fest:
- Living Art! – come see our Hyacinth Mosaics – yes, gorgeous mosaics made of flowers! There will also be a face cut out mural created by a local Indigenous artist Fred Jackson.
- Yummy Traditional Dutch Foods – to keep your tummy from rumbling, we offer tasty treats available in The Farm Shop, such as our Specialty Dutch Stroop Waffles! We also have one food truck on-site, ready to serve you daily.
- The Farm Shop – which sells fresh cut and potted Tulips, Hyacinths, and Daffodils, postcards, photo cards and more!
- Open 7 Days a Week – because we’ve added our Daffodils and Hyacinths, our field’s viewing time will be longer, 4-5 weeks!
- Accessible to All – just remember we are on a farm and we are completely weather dependent. We have a beautiful covered area that over looks our fields should the weather make for difficult walking/wheeling around our fields.
- Plenty of Free Parking – we have around 10 acres of field parking, with 5 acres in bark mulch for a better all-weather option. Our gravel driveway can accommodate 8-10 handicap vehicles. We are doing our best to ensure the land we use for parking can be re-purposed back into viable farm land when we no longer need it. We have chosen Bark/Pole peelings (not Cedar) as our base which over time will compost and put nutrients back into the soil for future healthy farming crops.
Most importantly, Chilliwack Tulips celebrates an end to winter and a way for our guests to start enjoying the beauty of spring!